Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The website of the International Charter Space and Major Disasters (hereafter referred to as the Disasters Charter) consists of a public part and a section that is accessible only to registered users. The public part provides information about the Disasters Charter and its activities in disaster monitoring.
The section of the website that is accessible only to registered users is the Charter Operating System (COS-2). The following processes are conducted through COS-2: Authorised Users may submit requests to the Disasters Charter, which, if accepted, result in the Disasters Charter being activated to acquire and provide satellite data of the disaster to the Authorised User and nominated end users.
In order to grant you access to COS-2 and enable you to perform your activities, your personal data will be collected, stored and further processed.
Which Personal Data will be processed and why?
The Personal Data which will be collected, stored and further processed includes the following information taken from your user account:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Organisation name
- Phone number
- Mobile phone number*
- Fax number
*Note that this information is stored only for Authorised Users and Project Managers, for reporting purposes.
Your Personal Data will be collected, stored and further processed on the servers of Airbus Defence and Space Limited (Airbus UK) and Eversis Sp. Z.o. o. (Eversis). Their servers are located in data centres managed by Airbus UK and Eversis Sp. Z.o. o. in the UK and Poland.
Your Personal Data will be used exclusively for the activities of the Disasters Charter in order to:
- Check the identity of a user submitting a request for an activation
- Provide online training about the Disasters Charter, the roles within it, and how to use COS-2
- To nominate a Project Manager/Value Adder for an activation
The International Charter Space and Major Disasters does not consider your Personal Data as an asset for sale and does not sell your Personal Data to any third parties.
For how long will my Personal Data be kept?
Your Personal Data will be stored and processed on the Airbus UK and Eversis servers for as long as you are involved in the Disasters Charter. If you cease to work with or participate in activities for the Disasters Charter, all traces of your Personal Data stored and processed will be erased from the servers of Airbus UK and Eversis. Note that if you have served as a Project Manager of an activation in the past, it may be necessary to retain your account in order to correctly process actions for the activation(s) you were assigned to. In such an event your account will be disabled and details of the account will be anonymised in the system so that your personal details will not be retained.
The Data Controller for the processing of your Personal Data is ESA. ESA is an intergovernmental organisation established by its Convention which opened for signature in Paris on 30 May 1975. The headquarters of ESA are located at 24 rue du Général Bertrand, CS 30798, 75345 Paris Cedex 07, France. ESA manages the processing of your Personal Data in accordance with the provisions set out in ESA's ‘Policy on Personal Data Protection', which was adopted by the Director General of ESA on 5 February 2018 and became effective on 1 March 2018. The Policy forms part of ESA's Personal Data Protection Framework, which can be downloaded from ESA's website www.esa.int or via the following link. Under ESA's Personal Data Protection Framework, you have the following rights, which you may exercise at any time:
- The right at any time to make a reasonable request for a report detailing the information which is held about you, provided that you demonstrate legitimate grounds for making the request. If you wish to make such a request, please submit it to email@example.com
- The right to have your Personal Data erased, rectified, completed or amended. If you do not want your Personal Data to be processed for the purpose of your activities for the Disaster Charter, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and your account will not be removed from COS-2. Please note that if we carry out this change and your Personal Data cannot be processed, you will not be able to access COS-2 and undertake any tasks you may have in the system. If you wish to rectify, complete or amend your Personal Data, you will need to update the information held about you in your account, which you can access in COS-2. Alternatively, you can submit a request to email@example.com and explain the modifications that you wish for the information held about you in your account. Note that the primary email and phone number cannot be edited through COS-2, and if you need to change these details you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right to lodge a complaint before the independent Supervisory Authority, if you can demonstrate or have serious reasons to believe that a Data Protection Incident occurred in relation to your Personal Data, following a decision by ESA. If you wish to lodge a complaint, the first step is for you to contact the ESA Data Protection Officer by sending an email to email@example.com, setting out the nature of your complaint. Your complaint will then be handled according to the Rules of Procedure of the Supervisory Authority that are set out in ESA's Personal Data Protection Framework.